1. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
2. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
3. A bad workman blames his tools.
4. A tree is known by its fruit.
5. Better safe than sorry
6. Don't judge a book by its cover.
7. Every cloud has a silver lining
8. Gardens are not made by sitting in the shade.
9. Haste makes waste.
10. Honey catches more flies than vinegar.
Meanings a. There is a positive or hopeful side to every unpleasant situation.
b. It's better to be too careful than to be careless and regret it later
c. You can obtain more cooperation from others by being nice.
d. When you are away from someone you love, you love them even more.
e. Nothing is achieved without effort.
f. Blaming the tools for bad workmanship is an excuse for lack of skill.
g. Don't judge by appearances.
h. Everybody needs a certain amount of relaxation. It is not good to work all the time.
i. If something is done too quickly, it may be done carelessly and need to be redone.
j. A man is judged by his actions.
Answer : 1.d 2. h 3. f 4. j 5. b 6. g 7.a 8. e 9. i 10. c